Washington State Enhanced 911 Advisory Committee
The Washington State Enhanced 911 Advisory Committee was created in 1991 to advise and assist the State Enhanced 911 Coordinator (email here) in coordinating and facilitating the implementation and operation of enhanced 911 throughout the state. The members of the committee represent diverse geographical areas of the state and work together to recommend actions that help set uniform National and State standards for Enhanced 911 services. The committee utilizes its many Subcommittees, which specialize in the varied aspects of 911 services, to create cohesive actions to recommend to the State Enhanced 911 Coordinator, as per RCW 38.52.530.
Advisory Committee Membership
1. National Emergency Number Association (NENA)
2. Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials, International (APCO)
3. Washington State Association of Fire Chiefs
4. Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs
5. Washington State Council of Fire Fighters
6. Washington State Council of Police Officers
7. Washington Ambulance Association
8. State Fire Policy Board
9. Washington Fire Commissioners Association
10. Washington State Patrol (WSP)
11. Association of Washington Cities - East
12. Association of Washington Cities - West
13. Washington State Association of Counties - East
14. Washington State Association of Counties - West
15. Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission (WUTC)
16. Washington Independent Telephone Companies (WITA)
18. Wireless Providers
19. Department of Health (DOH)
20. Washington wireless industries position 1
21. Washington wireless industries position 2
22. Washington wireless industries position 3
23. Voice over Internet Protocol provider
Washington State Enhanced 911 Advisory Committee Bylaws
A PDF of the bylaws is located here.
The Advisory Committee usually meets on the third Thursday of the month. This is the schedule for the 2019 meetings.
- February 2020 (PDF)
- January 2020 (PDF) CANCELED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER. Will be rescheduled.
- November 2019 (PDF)
- July 2019 (PDF)
- January 2019 (PDF)
E911 Advisory Committee Subcommittees
Subcommittees are established by the E911 Advisory Committee to focus on specific issues including conducting visits, studies, surveys, or research projects and for assembling information for special projects in order to provide advice to the State E911 Coordinator and the E911 Advisory Committee.
To request minutes or agendas that are no longer housed on this site, please contact the State E911 Coordination Office State E911 Coordinator
911 Authorities Sub-Committee Quarterly Newsletter