COVID – 19 Pandemic Outbreak
Following the Presidential Emergency Declaration (3427-EM-WA) and the Major Disaster Declaration (4481-DR-WA), the Washington State Emergency Management Division has activated FEMA’s Public Assistance (PA) Program to initiate the recovery process for the COVID–19 Pandemic Outbreak.
The mission of FEMA's PA Program is to provide assistance to State, Tribal and local governments and certain types of Private Nonprofit organizations so that communities can quickly respond to and recover from major disasters or emergencies declared by the President.
For the COVID– 19 Pandemic Outbreak, the PA Program, FEMA and the State provides supplemental Federal disaster grant assistance for Emergency Protective Measures – Category B to eliminate or lessen immediate threats to lives, public health, or safety.
The Federal share of assistance is not less than 75 percent of the eligible cost for Emergency Protective Measures. The Recipient (usually the state) determines how the non-federal share (up to 25 percent) is split with the Sub-recipient (eligible applicants). For the COVID–19 Pandemic Outbreak, the State will provide the full 25 percent non-federal share.
For all Public Assistance questions pertaining to the COVID–19 Pandemic Outbreak, please send to Assist.Public@mil.wa.gov or contact the PA Program office directly (see contacts below).
Current Public Assistance COVID–19 Pandemic Outbreak specific guidance:
• Eligible Emergency Protective Measures Fact Sheet for COVID-19 (PDF)
• COVID-19 Public Assistance Simplified Application Fact Sheet (PDF)
• Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide (PDF)
• Grants Portal User Guide (PDF)
• Public Assistance - Cat B - EPM handout (PDF)
• Non-Congregate Sheltering Delegation of Authority Fact Sheet (PDF)
• Procurement During EE Circumstances Fact Sheet (PDF)
• Public Assistance Contacts (PDF)