205th Regiment (Leadership)
Officer Candidate School - Phase III
205th Regiment Mission:
The 205th Regiment conducts consolidated OCS Phase III training, collaborating with the Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Warrior Forge program at North Fort Lewis, Washington. This is where the final leadership evaluations of the officer candidates will be completed.
The 205th Regiment is committed to providing the highest quality of training to our officer candidates in order to prepare these future leaders as commissioned officers in the Army National Guard and United States Army.
The officer candidates are organized into a regimental structure while at Phase III training. Candidates will be affiliated with the 113th and/or 116th Cavalry, which promotes esprit de corps and provides a sense of unity and unit pride among the Soldiers who are drawn from all over the United States.
Officer Candidate School (OCS) Program:
To receive a commission in the Army National Guard, you must complete all three phases of the OCS Program, which is called Basic Officer Leadership Course I (BOLC I).
- Phase 1 is a 16 day ADT phase conducted at various OCS Battalions across the nation.
- Phase 2 can be completed 2 ways:
- IDT (drill) status with your home states training regiment. This is a 48 UTA training period from beginning to end.
- ADT Accelerated Program: This is 4 weeks of active duty conducted at various OCS Battalions across the nation.
- Phase 3 is a 16 day ADT phase conducted at North Fort Lewis through the 205th Regiment, Washington Army National Guard.
During Phase III, there can be as many as 800 officer candidates representing 54 States and Territories.
|Fort Lewis Lodging, Fort Lewis 253-967-2815||Holiday Inn, Lakewood 253-539-2020|
|Sheraton, Tacoma 800-845-9466||Econo Lodge, Lakewood 253-535-3100|
|Liberty Inn, DuPont 877-912-8777||Comfort Inn, Lakewood 253-538-7998|
|Guest House Inn, DuPont 253-912-8900||Shilo Inn, Lakewood 800-222-2244|
|King Oscar Hotel, Lacey 360-438-3333||Kind Oscar Hotel, Tacoma 253-539-1153|
The Planning & Project Manager for the Consolidated Phase III program is:
|Headquarters, 205th Regiment
OCS Phase III Consolidation
Building 90, Camp Murray
Tacoma, WA 98430-5044
|(253) 512-1300 Primary
(253) 341-9972 Alternate
(253) 512-7819 Fax
the OCS Phase 3 Team.