(Click to Learn More) Trifold.pdf
Support Your Community
Lead America’s Future
In the Washington Army National Guard
As commissioned officers, make critical decisions, commitment to excellence and guide Army Soldiers by the thousands. Take responsibility for the safety and freedom of Americans all over Washington State and the Country. Their training encourages the development of leadership and problem-solving skills that make them sought after by civilian employers. Lead, plan and serve your local community. Become an Officer Candidate by attending one of three Officer Candidate Schools (OCS).
Before starting the OCS application process, please take a moment to read the prerequisite list. This will help you avoid delays and problems when filing your application.
- Must be a US Citizen prior to Commissioning.
- Must attend Officer Basic Course (OBC) within 18 months of Commissioning.
- Must have completed BCT and AIT or other military service equivalent (AIT can be waived for those Soldiers enlisting into the Army National Guard for the OCS Option. Contact your local recruiter for details on the OCS Enlistment Option)
- GT score of 110 or higher.
- Must have 90 credit hours from an accredited College or University to enroll.
- Th minimum age for enrollment is 18 years.
- The maximum age for enrollment is the age that will allow the applicant to complete the program prior to reaching age 42.
- Must pass the Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT) upon entering the program and again prior to commissioning.
- Must pass a Commissioning Physical prior to Phase 1 and within 24 months of commissioning.
- Must meet the height weight standards in accordance with AR 600-9.
State OCS (Traditional)
Traditional OCS takes place at Camp Murray and Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA and is taught by the Regional Training Institute (RTI). Soldiers meet one weekend per month for 18 months plus one two-week period each summer. You must be able to complete the course and receive your commission by your 42nd birthday. You must have a minimum of 90 semester hours or 120 quarter hours towards a post-secondary degree.
National Guard Accelerated OCS
Accelerated OCS takes place twice a year, once in June at Fort Meade, SD and once in January at Fort McClellan, AL. It is an intense saturation of training seven days a week for a total of eight weeks. You must be able to complete the course and receive your commission by your 42nd birthday. You must have a minimum of 90 semester hours or 120 quarter hours towards a post-secondary degree.
This option takes place at Fort Benning, GA and is 14 weeks long, year-round. You must be able to finish and accept a commission by your 34th birthday and you must have a bachelor’s degree.
OCS Information Trifold.pdf
Contact us through Email, Call, or Text:
Cell: (253) 468-3712