How to Apply
We are now accepting applications for the Jan. 16, 2023 class. Due to the COVID-19 virus impacts on education, we are expecting a larger than normal application volume for the next class. We recommend completing your application now, so that you can be considered for admissions. To join our Academy, first make sure you meet the Eligibility Requirements.
Eligibility Requirements: Are you eligible to apply? If you answer “Yes” to all the questions below, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE!
- Volunteer for the program.
- Females and males, 16 – 18 years of age at the time of entry into the program. Applicants who are 15- years old and who will turn 16 during the Residential phase can attend if approved by the Program Director, but such applicants must be enrolled in a high school credit recovery track to allow for their eventual return to high school. Applicants will not exceed 18 years of age on the first day of the Residential Phase.
- High school dropout or at risk of dropping out due to credit deficiency.
- A resident of Washington State and a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Unemployed or underemployed.
- Free of felony charges and no pending court proceedings.
- Willing to be free from use of illegal drugs or substances while enrolled in the program.
- Physically and mentally capable to participate in the program with reasonable accommodation for physical and other disabilities.
Complete the Preliminary Medical Questionnaire.
Download and print “Additional Documents for Applicants.” Submit the Additional Documents, identification and school documents by email or fax. You will have 30 days to submit these items.
STEP FOUR: Application Review
After your application is complete, it will be reviewed by the WYA Application Panel. You will be contacted by email after the review process has been completed.
STEP FIVE: On-site Assessment
If your application is accepted by the WYCA Application Panel, you will be invited to an Onsite Assessment Day on our campus, about 2 weeks before the class begins. More information to follow.
Have any questions? The best way to get an answer is:
Phone: (877) 228-8947
Documents can be submitted by:
• Scan/email to:WYA.Applications@mil.wa.gov
• Fax - (360) 473-2623
**Remember, you are applying to attend an Academy that is FREE. This is a $24,000 scholarship per cadet from the State of Washington and the Department of Defense. If you need assistance in filling out any of the application forms our staff is available to provide assistance! ***