How to Apply
We are now accepting applications for the Jan. 16, 2021 class. To join our Academy, first make sure you meet the Eligibility Requirements.
Eligibility Requirements: Are you eligible to apply? If you answer “Yes” to all the questions below, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE!
- Volunteer for the program.
- 16-18 years old (must be 16 by the first day and cannot turn 19 before the start of the program).
- High school dropout or at risk of dropping out due to credit deficiency.
- A resident of Washington State and a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Unemployed or underemployed.
- Free of felony charges and no pending court proceedings.
- Willing to be free from use of illegal drugs or substances while enrolled in the program.
- Physically and mentally capable to participate in the program with reasonable accommodation for physical and other disabilities.
STEP ONE: All APPLICANTS to the WYA must attend a Virtual Information Session (Zoom), as part of the Application requirements. Sign up below.
Now that you have attended a Virtual Information Session or have viewed the Virtual Open House, move to Step Two in the Admissions Process.
Complete the APPLICATION and SUBMIT the supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered until they are completed.
Complete a Personal Interview.
Completed applications will be reviewed for eligibility requirements. If you meet the eligibility requirements and the Admission Panel agrees you are a good candidate for the program – you will be contacted for an Interview with a WYA staff member. Remember, you are applying to attend an Academy that is FREE. This is a $24,000 scholarship per cadet from the State of Washington and the Department of Defense. You should prepare and present yourself for this interview as you would a job interview.
Have any questions? The best way to get an answer is:
Phone: (877) 228-8947
Documents can be submitted by:
• Scan/email to: email@example.com
• Fax - (360) 473-2623
***Applying to Washington Youth Academy is FREE. If you need assistance in filling out any of the application forms our staff is available to provide assistance! ***