|New Mentors||Current Mentors||Mentor Training|
MENTOR TRAINING is required by the National Guard Youth ChalleNGe Program, NGYCP, to ensure mentors have a full understanding of our mission and goals. This virtual training will take approximately 3-4 hours to complete. A set of questions will be asked at the end of each module. Answering and submitting these questions ensures mentors have met the training requirements to be a NGYCP and WYA mentor.
Mentor Training consists of 7 modules that can be completed at your own pace. You are encouraged to download the comprehensive mentor training manual. This is not only a supplemental to the training videos but can serve as a reference for your entire mentoring experience.
How to complete mentor training:
- Click on each module video.
- Watch any supplemental videos to the module.
- Complete and submit the questions for each module.
Mentor Training Manual (PDF)
Additional Information/Support: Watch all the WYA Mentor Champion videos.
- Who are the WYA Mentor Champions- Heather Kean (YouTube Link)
- Scholarships from the WYA Foundation-Michael McBreen (YouTube Link)
- Experience in Mentoring-Jeff Hehe (YouTube Link)
- “MCs” Mentor Champions-Jeff Hehe (YouTube Link)
- “Post Res” Post-Residential phase of the program-Jeff Hehe (YouTube Link)
Have any questions? The best way to get an answer is:
Phone: (877) 228-8947
Documents can be submitted by
- Scan/email to: Mentor.MailMil-WYA@mil.wa.gov
- Fax (360) 473-2623