|New Mentors||Current Mentors||Mentor Training|
Can you commit to being a mentor?
- At least 25 years old.
- Same gender as the applicant.
- Not a member of the immediate family.
- Live within a reasonable distance of applicant.
- No sex crimes history.
- No felonies or crimes involving alcohol/drugs in the last five years.
- Must provide social security number or consent to fingerprinting by approved agency.
- Cannot be applicant’s military recruiter.
To apply, complete the following 3 Steps:
Please NOTE: Training is 7 modules with 5 questions for each!
Have any questions? The best way to get an answer is:
We recognize how much time and effort families invest in attempting to locate a mentor for their incoming cadet. This process can frequently create stress for all involved.
The Washington Youth ChalleNge Program has been invited to join a National Guide pilot program. The hypothesis is we will be able to offer a more robust level of long term support for cadets if we a) extend the Post Residential Phase to be two full years and b) redirect some staff effort toward building increased resources and networking opportunities in cadets’ communities.
Learn about our new mentoring program here.
Phone: (877) 228-8947
Documents can be submitted by
- Scan/email to: Mentor.MailMil-WYA@mil.wa.gov
- Fax (360) 473-2623